Bathtub Refinishing vs. Bathtub Replacement Process
Bathtub Replacement should only be done if the bathtub cannot be saved!!! With bathtub refinishing, all these problems can be avoided, and you can have a new bathtub at a fraction of the cost and time of replacement or removal.
Replacing an existing bathtub with a brand new one can often involve more time and money than one might imagine. Several issues come into play that some people often do not think about when considering bathtub replacement :
- If the bathroom is small, it may be necessary to remove the toilet, sink, and cabinets before there is room to take the old bathtub out.
- If the original tub is very old, it may be necessary to replace much of the original plumbing. This requires hiring a professional plumber, which adds to the cost of the project.
- Many old bath tubs were installed during construction of the house, and so there may not be enough room to get the old tub out and the install new one in with the walls in place. If this is the case, it may be necessary to open up a wall in order to get the job done.
- Most new bathtubs differ in size from their older counterparts. If your new tub doesn't exactly match the dimensions of the older one, it will be necessary to remove and replace the molding and floor covering on which the tub sits. This may also mean removing or replacing floor tiles to match the new dimensions.
- Often during bathtub removal, wall tiles are damaged or cracked. These will also need to be replaced.
- Depending on where you are located, it may be necessary to obtain permits or licenses before you can proceed with this type of remodeling project.
As you can see, bathub replacement of an old bathtub can be an expensive and time consuming project. With bathtub refinishing, all these problems can be avoided, and you can have a new bathtub at a fraction of the cost and time spent: There is no need for removal of other bathroom fixtures like sinks or toilets to make room to get to the bathtub.
- There is also no need to replace original plumbing or to remove or replace original tile.
- In fact, tile can be refinished along with bathtub to bring a brand new look to the entire bathroom.
- You don't have to worry about any size discrepancies between your old bathtub and the replacement.
- You also don't have to worry about cutting holes in walls to get the old tub out or the new one into the bathroom.
- Bathtub refinishing does not require any special licenses or permits and bathtub replacement does.
Avoid the hassle, time and expense of replacement by refinishing your bathtub with Beautiful Finishes, Inc..
More about bathtub refinishing